Elden Ring has many Spirit Ash summons that you can obtain. They can be used in various dungeon areas, as well as during boss fights. However, there’s one that’s quite amazing that it’s head and shoulders above the rest. Here’s our Elden Ring guide to help you obtain the Mimic Tear Ashes, arguably the best Spirit Ash summon in the game.
Note: For more information, check out our Elden Ring guides and features hub.
Elden Ring Mimic Tear Ashes guide – Where to get the best Spirit Ash summon
Many Spirit Ash summons in Elden Ring can be viable in all situations. For instance, the Lone Wolf Ashes that Renna provides early in the game can offer a decent distraction. Meanwhile, Marionette Soldier Ashes can “break” a boss’ AI because of how quickly they’ll spam projectiles, causing bosses to dodge uncontrollably. Likewise, the Rotten Stray Ashes from Sellia Town of Sorcery can debilitate enemies with poison. Then, there’s the Greatshield Soldiers Ashes (or the Haligtree variant), which spawns five specters that can shield bash and stunlock formidable foes.
However, what we consider the best Spirit Ash summon in Elden Ring is none other than the Mimic Tear Ashes. To obtain it, you’ll need to do the following:
- Defeat Starscourge Radahn in Caelid. This will cause a meteor to fall from the heavens.
- Go to Fort Haight West in Mistwood and follow the crevice created by the meteorite’s impact until you reach Nokron Eternal City.
- You’ll be battling the Mimic Tear boss, which you can happily cheese. But, don’t let that fool you, because the summon named after it is actually powerful.
- From there, head to Night’s Sacred Ground (which is also a dungeon you’d go to as part of Witch Ranni’s quest chain).
In Night’s Sacred Ground, follow the pathways and rooftops until you reach what looks like a large chapel. Instead of jumping down to where the metal ball trap is, take a look past the altar to see an Imp Statue.
Use a Stonesword Key to open the room and defeat the Whippersnapper inside. You’ll then be able to claim the Mimic Tear Ashes.
So, what exactly makes the Mimic Tear Ashes the best Spirit Ash summon in Elden Ring? Well, it’s simple: it creates a clone of your character!
When you summon it, the Mimic Tear transforms into your character, including all weapons and armor that you’re wearing at that time. This means you can have someone taking on a tanking role while you flank foes or strike them from afar.
Still, there are a few caveats:
- The Mimic Tear Ashes, unlike most others, costs HP to summon. Make sure to heal up after spawning it.
- Since it’s a special summon, it uses Ghost Gloveworts for upgrades when you talk to Roderika.
- Its effectiveness will depend on the gear pieces that you have, as well as your character’s stats when you spawn it. For example, if you only want it to tank hits, just wear beefy armor, a shield, and have a lot of HP before you summon it.
- However, if your character focused on STR or DEX, and almost nothing with regards to INT or FAI, then making it a caster would lead to abysmal performance, as its spells will be weaker. This is also true if you give it a weapon with a high STR or DEX requirement even though you’ve got low stats.
- If you’re fighting bosses, you’ll equip what you want it to have before quickly swapping to whatever you really need to use on your character. This can be a hassle in case you’ve got a vastly different loadout compared to the Mimic Tear Ashes in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring is available via Steam. For more information, check out our guides and features hub.