In Far Cry 6, you’ll fight scores of soldiers as Dani Rojas. Naturally, you’re going to take a beating and you’ll want to dish out more damage in return. Here’s our Far Cry 6 guide to help you find more weapons and armor.
Note: For more information, check out our Far Cry 6 guides and features hub.
Far Cry 6 guide: Where to find more weapons and armor
For starters, let’s divide the items in Far Cry 6 into two categories: standard and unique:
- Standard weapons can be modified with different attachments when you use a workbench.
- Unique weapons have preset attachments that can’t be changed.
Standard armors can be found in Libertad crates (a box with a chevron). Standard weapons, meanwhile, can be found in FND caches (a box with a circular symbol). Checkpoints and military bases will always have one of these by default.
For FND and Libertad containers, RNG applies because the item you receive might be random. In some cases, you could find gunpowder or Supremo-bond, materials needed to upgrade your weapons and gadgets. You could actually try opening a crate, then immediately die to reload your autosave. Assuming the game hasn’t overwritten the previous instance, reopening the same container could yield different results.
Note: As an aside, I’m not yet sure if your character rank plays a role. I recall finding more 3-star and 4-star variants once I’ve leveled up more.
Likewise, there are other methods to find standard weapons and armor in Far Cry 6:
- Juan’s Arms Dealers – Apart from selling Resolver weapons and Supremo backpacks, arms dealers will also sell a few weapons and armors that you haven’t found yet. The items available in the pool are dependent on your character’s rank. The arms dealers are found in military bases that you’ve captured.
- Bandidos Barracks – One of the structures you can build in a main base is the Bandidos Barracks. It will have an assortment of gear pieces available when you upgrade it.
- Other base upgrades – Other buildings like the Fishing Hut and Hunting Lodge also grant thematic or special armor pieces.
- Los Bandidos – It’s possible to receive weapons as final rewards from Los Bandidos missions.
- Special Operations – Lola, the NPC who gives you access to Special Operations, has a couple of standard gear pieces. These are either rewards from completing your run or items that can be purchased from the Black Market by spending monedas.
Note: As for unique weapons in Far Cry 6, these are found in predetermined locations (no randomness involved). You can actually see the requirements when you mouse over each item in your arsenal menu. You can refer to our main guide regarding the unique weapons in the game.