The Hero of Chaos, Cao Cao, is set to do battle against his friend-turned-rival Yuan Shao. Here’s our Cao Cao campaign guide for Total War: Three Kingdoms – Fates Divided.
Note: For more information, check out our Total War: Three Kingdoms – Fates Divided guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide is based on Romance Mode playthroughs with VH/VH difficulty selected.
Total War: Three Kingdoms – Fates Divided – Cao Cao campaign guide
We’ll be dealing with a lot of mechanics and facets when it comes to Cao Cao’s 200 CE campaign in Total War: Three Kingdoms – Fates Divided. You can refer to the pages below for the parts that you need help with:
- I. Opening moves: Domestics
- II. Opening moves: Armies
- III. Breakthrough: Annihilating Yuan Shao’s forces
- IV. Missions and progression
- V. Various tidbits: Establishing the Kingdom of Wei or restoring the Han Empire
- VI. Cao Cao’s unique faction mechanics: Schemes and Credibility
- VII. Lovebirds: Cao Pi and Zhen Ji
Note: Details about Cao Cao’s schemes and Credibility mechanics, as well as Cao Pi and Zhen Ji, are part of separate guides. You can also take a look at our campaign guide for Yuan Shao, Cao Cao’s main rival in the 200 CE campaign.