After besting Rennala Queen of the Full Moon and reaching Altus Plateau, your next stop in Elden Ring is Volcano Manor situated on Mount Gelmir. The road is treacherous and many dangers await. Here’s our Elden Ring guide to help you reach Mount Gelmir and Volcano Manor, as well as how to beat the Full-Grown Fallingstar Beast.
Note: For more information, check out our Elden Ring guides and features hub.
Elden Ring guide – How to reach Mount Gelmir and Volcano Manor
There are a couple of ways to reach Mount Gelmir and Volcano Manor in Elden Ring if you’re coming from Altus Plateau:
- If you’ve already explored parts of Altus Plateau, then you’ve probably discovered the Forest-Spanning Greatbridge Site of Grace. This is close to where you’d find Wormface and the Mirage Rise puzzle. The bridge has a portal that takes you to the northern section of Altus Plateau with the Road of Iniquity Side Path bonfire. Just follow the road southwest until you reach another bridge connecting two cliffs. This is the Bridge of Iniquity Site of Grace.
- Alternatively, if you’re still in Erdtree Grazing Hill, you can follow the forested ravine going north. There’s a Dung Beetle here with Ash of War: Bloodblade. Eventually, you should spot a couple of Spiritsprings, allowing Torrent to reach greater heights. The bridge connecting the cliffs will be close by (as seen in the image below).
- There’s also an entirely different path that you can take through the Seethewater River west of Wyndham Ruins. However, as far as I can tell, this only leads to Fort Laiedd and the western section of the region. I’ve yet to see a pathway that can take me up the mountain to Volcano Manor.
In any case, let’s say you chose either of the first two methods. Tag the Bridge of Iniquity Site of Grace and advance further. There are a couple of things to discover here:
- Anastasia, Tarnished Eater – As you approach the burning village, you’ll get invaded by a hostile NPC. Defeat her to acquire a Furlcalling Finger Remedy and a Butchering Knife weapon.
- Incantation: Golden Vow – Found inside the Corpse-Stench Shack.
- Stonesword Key – On the bridge near the end of the path.
You’ll notice that there seems to be no way to Volcano Manor from here. However, if you backtrack to the Bridge of Iniquity (just before the Iron Virgin mobs), you’ll see a very tall ladder (as seen in the image above).
Climb the ladder
kid, make yourself famous! and tag the First Mount Gelmir Campsite bonfire.
You’ll now find yourself in a wasteland filled with all sorts of mobs and loot:
- There’s a Somber Smithing Stone  and other gems close to the cliffside.
- A siege ladder in this area has the Pulley Bow at the top.
- The Gelmir Hero’s Grave dungeon is found southwest if you’re following the clearing.
- If you cross the slanted rock outcropping to the opposite side, you’ll find a Grafted Scion. You can shoot it from afar, so don’t worry. Behind it is a ladder.
Climbing that ladder leads to, you guessed it, more ladders. Eventually, you’ll see a rope bridge with a Site of Grace across a gap. This is the Ninth Mount Gelmir Campsite. There’s a Spiritspring and another ladder near it.
Get to the top and be ready for an instant boss fight against the Full-Grown Fallingstar Beast.
Boss fight: Full-Grown Fallingstar Beast
The Full-Grown Fallingstar Beast in Elden Ring is a cross between a bull, a scorpion, and a boulder. Apart from wild, flailing attacks, it’s got the following abilities:
- Slip and Slide – It will rush you in a somewhat diagonal pattern, almost zig-zagging across the arena, before going back to an opposite location.
- Crystal Crush – It will cause three crystal formations to burst forth from the ground. The first two are easily avoided, but the third has a wider coverage, so you need to be quick. Ideally, you’d be galloping on Torrent, but he’d die if he gets hit by this ability.
- Bullcrap Laser – Below 50% HP, the boss will fire a stream of lasers in a frontal cone. It will attempt to target your last position before slowly panning horizontally, so just move to the side and pray that you don’t get accidentally hit.
Defeating the Full-Grown Fallingstar Beast in Elden Ring nets you a Smithing Stone , Somber Smithing Stone , and the Fallingstar Beast Jaw (colossal weapon).
From here, look for a rock that’s jutting outward. You should be able to jump down to the other sloping rock formation all the way to the plains below. This is the entrance to Volcano Manor which has a Site of Grace.
But, there are some other things that we can find, too:
- In the wide-open plains further away from Volcano Manor, you’ll find a Golden Seed.
- Nearby is an invisible Dung Beetle. Hit it as it’s about to reach you to get Ash of War: Through and Through.
- Follow the road going west then south to find the Mount Gelmir map stele, whereupon a large Spider Hands mob will attack. Give it the finger and claim a Somber Smithing Stone.
- Just ahead is the Road of Iniquity Site of Grace.
- If you continue along the cliff, you’ll reach a Minor Erdtree guarded by the Ulcerated Tree Spirit.
In any case, you’re free to explore Mount Gelmir and Volcano Manor in Elden Ring. Should you enter the manor itself, you’ll be given a choice that allows you to partake in invader missions against other NPCs.