Sorceress Sellen sent you on a wild goose chase in Elden Ring. Now, with the conclusion of her quest, is it time for some payback, or should you remain loyal to your teacher? Here’s our Elden Ring Sorceress Sellen quest guide to help you with the ending of this arc and whether we’ll help or kill Sellen.
Note: For more information, check out our Elden Ring guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
Elden Ring Sorceress Sellen quest ending guide – Help or kill Sorceress Sellen
Just a quick recap, here’s what you need to do to reach the conclusion of Sorceress Sellen’s quest in Elden Ring (all previous steps are discussed in detail in the linked guides):
- Collect the three scrolls so you can gain access to new magic spells (you don’t need to buy all of them).
- Defeat Rennala Queen of the Full Moon.
- Find the corpses of Sorcerers Azur (Mount Gelmir) and Lusat (Caelid).
- Completing the Sellia Town of Sorcery quest may or may not be required. I did have it completed.
- You should also meet the Prisoner Sellen (Limgrave – Weeping Peninsula), allowing her to give you her Primal Glintstone.
- Clear Caria Manor so you can gain access to the Three Sisters zone.
- The ruins in Three Sisters have a cellar with a wall that’s an illusion. Behind that is a puppet that can become Sellen’s new body if you hand over the Primal Glintstone. If you can’t see the entrance to the cellar, you might need to hit the floor at the top of the steps to the ruins (if it’s an illusion as well).
- Return to Prisoner Sellen and talk to Executioner Jerren. Killing Starscourge Radahn and talking to the herald afterward may be a requirement since he commended my character for doing just that. Radahn’s herald will be sitting in front of the chapel overlooking the yard in Redmane Castle.
- Seeing Iji’s burning corpse in the Road to the Manor Site of Grace may or may not be required.
- At this point, you can return to the Grand Library of Raya Lucaria, the chamber where you fought Rennala. Go outside and, at the entrance to the chamber (just before the lift), you’ll find two summon signs (as seen in the featured image). The red sign has you siding with Jerren, while the golden sign has you siding with Sellen.
Note: Because of these outcomes, I decided to keep a backup save. You can do so as well by going to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\EldenRing\Numerical String. Create a backup of the two SL2 files here and place them in a separate folder.
Elden Ring Sorceress Sellen quest ending – Help Sellen
Both fights are fairly easy, especially if you’ve already leveled further. For this particular decision, you can just do combos while Sellen stuns Jerren with her spells.
You’ll receive the following rewards and you’ll get to see these instances:
- Eccentric’s Armor Set
- Sellen will stand in the center of the Grand Library, temporarily replacing Rennala who shifts off to the side. You can talk to her about Lusat and her plans. She’ll give you the Glintstone Kris weapon and Starlight Shards.
- Likewise, she has a new spell called Shard Spiral that you can purchase.
- If you rest at the Site of Grace, Rennala will be back at her original spot. Sellen, meanwhile, will speak through a Multiface Puppet. It still has the same spells available for purchase, and you can pick up the Witch’s Glintstone Crown headgear in front of it.
Elden Ring Sorceress Sellen quest ending – Kill Sellen
The other Sorceress Sellen quest ending in Elden Ring involves cooperating with Jerren to put an end to Sellen’s ambitions. This is slightly harder, if only because Sellen has a lot of spells. Thankfully, she’s as flimsy as paper and you can easily take her out in a couple of hits.
After killing Sellen, you’ll receive the following:
- Rune Arc and Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
- Witch’s Glintstone Crown headgear and Sellen’s Bell Bearing. If you return to the Twin Maiden Husks in Roundtable Hold, you can exchange the Bell Bearing to see Sellen’s usual spell list. Unfortunately, the Shard Spiral spell isn’t part of the selection.