The nation of Yara is filled with countless armaments for warfare, including unique weapons. The El Rubi unique shotgun is one such example, and you can obtain it if you head to the capital. Here’s our Far Cry 6 guide to help you get the El Rubi unique shotgun from a Yaran Contraband chest in Esperanza’s Torre de Leon.
Note: For more information, check out our Far Cry 6 guides and features hub. Likewise, you can take a look at our main guide regarding all the unique weapons in the game. Lastly, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
Far Cry 6 Yaran Contraband guide: How to get the El Rubi unique shotgun in Torre de Leon
Far Cry 6‘s campaign starts out with Dani Rojas escaping the capital of Esperanza. But, you’ll eventually be able to return to the city as you progress.
Getting the El Rubi unique shotgun in Far Cry 6 actually requires you to enter the Torre de Leon, the massive tower looming in the distance. Oh, and remember that Esperanza is a no-fly zone. Even though you can’t see its anti-aircraft installations, your flying vehicle will get shot down once you’re inside Esperanza’s airspace.
There are many ways to reach the Torre de Leon in Esperanza:
- Free-roaming – You can head to Esperanza after completing the initial arc in Isla Santuario. Just beware because most of the soldiers here are at a high level. You can use the sewers to avoid patrols, but there are crocodiles there, too.
- Main missions/operations – Certain storyline missions involve returning to Esperanza. These include “Paradise Lost” and “Against the Wall” (El Regalo de Clara). Since you’re in the area, you might as well explore and pick up the El Rubi while you’re at it. As for “The Lion’s Den” (One Ping Only) you won’t actually head to the center of the city.
- Finale – You will definitely come across this weapon during the finale.
Anyway, the El Rubi unique shotgun is actually found inside a Yaran Contraband chest just behind the lobby. Pick it up and it’s yours. It has the following mods:
- Incendiary Shells – Deals fire damage in a small area; applies a damage-over-time effect.
- X-Large Cylindrical Suppressor – Greatly reduces noise; slightly impairs range; quick to overheat.
- Gunslinger – Improves draw and holster speed.
- High Ground – Improves damage versus enemies below you.
As usual, unique shotguns pack a punch at close range, and the El Rubi will do wonders for you in Far Cry 6. It also comes with a suppressor by default if you want to be stealthy. Just watch out because you don’t want the incendiary effects to roast Dani as well.
Note: Since you’re in Esperanza, I suggest exploring a bit to find other unique weapons like the Pistola Sportiva sidearm, Crackle & Pop machine gun, Zona 51 rifle, and Urushi rifle.
Far Cry 6 is available via Ubisoft’s store and the Epic Games Store.