I reviewed Telltale’s/Skybound’s The Walking Dead: The Final Season back in March. It was the last episode, not just for the entire season, but also for the entire franchise. I left, oddly enough, with both a sense of loss and profound accomplishment. It was the end of Clementine’s journey, and it wrapped up with everything the series has been known for. Perhaps it’s a given that you can relive it all over again. That’s because Skybound has recently announced The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series. Check out the video below:
Reliving The Journey
That video might be enough to bring back memories. The original Walking Dead Telltale offering released all the way back in 2012. My wife and I were fans of the comic books and the AMC TV show and we couldn’t wait to play it. When all five episodes were done, my wife was an emotional wreck. We tried out the other games and skipped others. Some episodes were hits, and some were, obviously, misses. All in all, we felt as though we were seeing Clementine grow up from helpless kid to heroic leader.
Fast forward to the present: Telltale Games has already fallen, and Skybound continued The Final Season’s last couple of episodes. Skybound will bring back the all four Walking Dead games as well as The Walking Dead: Michonne as part of the bundle.
Just as well, The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series package will include digital goodies such as:
- the soundtrack for all the games
- a documentary short
- behind-the-scenes bonus features
- and over 10 hours of developer commentary
The package is part of various Collector’s Packs for die-hard fans which will contain goodies apart from the games and digital bonuses. Be forewarned that it’s quite pricey:
- Protector Pack ($99.99) – an Ericson School for Troubled Youth t-shirt, Clementine & Lee Enamel Pins, a Kenny Hat, Clementine Nesting Dolls, and a Disco Broccoli Plush
- Guardian Pack ($249.99) – all items from the Protector Pack in a box with gold stamped signatures from the Still Not Bitten team, a 10” Clementine & Lee Diorama, and a 18×24-inch Art Print from comic book artist Eric Zawadzki
- Signature Pack ($349.99) – all items from both the Guardian and Protector Packs in a signature stamped box, plus a signed Art Print from members of the Still Not Bitten team, voiceover actors and The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman. There are only 100 of these available.
The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series physical bundles will be available for PS4, Xbox One, and, naturally, PCs. You can order them via Skybound’s official site. The packages are expected to ship this September.
I’m a small business owner who’s also writing on the side, contributing in various websites under the Enthusiast Gaming umbrella — Destructoid, Flixist, Daily Esports, PlayStation Enthusiast, and PC Invasion.
My Steam library has 1,131 games at the moment so we definitely have a lot of things to talk about.