Chicharron is one of the amigos that you can recruit in Far Cry 6. He’s extremely hyper-aggressive, feisty, and more than a match for most soldiers in Yara. Here’s our Far Cry 6 Chicharron amigo guide to help you obtain this rooster companion.
Note: For more information, check out our Far Cry 6 guides and features hub. Likewise, you can take a look at our other amigo/animal companion guides for Guapo, Chorizo, Boom Boom, Oluso, K-9000, and Champagne.
Far Cry 6 Chicharron amigo guide: How to get the rooster companion
Acquiring Chicharron in Far Cry 6
To acquire your Chicharron amigo in Far Cry 6, you’ll need to head to El Este to meet the Legends of ’67. Once you arrive at the Patriotas Peak guerrilla base, you’ll see a note. This will start the “Man’s Best Enemy” Yaran Story. If you go to the marked location, you’ll arrive in Alvarez Farm all the way to the south. This farm happens to have La Bala de Plata, one of the roosters that you can get for the cockfighting minigame.
Anyway, go ahead and talk to Reinaldo after a short cutscene. It seems that Chicharron is really angry and he wants to take the fight to Anton Castillo’s FND forces. For the most part, you’ll follow Chicharron and defend him from various attackers. Because Chicharron will need to do other tasks (like destroying stuff), you probably want to bring an aggressive companion like Guapo, K-9000, or Champagne. These amigos will fight alongside you and Chicharron.
Here are the remaining steps in the quest chain:
- Man’s Best Enemy – There’s a yard where the FND is training attack dogs. Help Chicharron take them out. Then, vandalize the water tower.
- Pecking Orders – Follow Chicharron until you reach the Vacia Coast Military Archives. Chicharron will be destroying the files and shelves here, so eliminate the guards that come out of the elevators. Vandalize the roof afterward.
- Wingman – Follow Chicharron until you reach the Naval Service Monument. While he’s defacing the monument, you need to eliminate several waves of soldiers. A helicopter will even arrive to thwart your plans.
- After completing Wingman, Chicharron will become a permanent amigo in Far Cry 6.
- Default ability: Angry Bird – Chicharron will slingshot himself at enemies.
- Perk 1: Roid Rage – Faster attacks and double damage when below 70% health; unlocked by having Chicharron kill 12 enemies.
- Perk 2: Angrier Bird – Chicharron’s slingshot ability can knock down enemies; unlocked by having Chicharron kill 24 enemies while Roid Rage is active.
- Perk 3: Chicken Feet – More likely to dodge attacks while Roid Rage is active; unlocked by having Chicharron knock down 50 enemies with Angrier Bird.