The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan is the newest horror offering from Supermassive Games. Like 2015’s Until Dawn, it follows a group of young and preppy adults out on an adventure… that goes unbelievably awry. Terror and fear hound you at every turn. It’s possible for everyone to survive, but, of course, everyone can also die. This guides and features hub for The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan will cover everything you need to know about the game.
Note: The reviews will only contain mild spoilers, enough to provide a background of the game. The guides and other features will have a number of spoilers due to outlining all the choices you’ll have to make and delving deeper into the game’s lore.
All guides and features (apart from the reviews) will also contain a spoiler warning beforehand. Please try to complete Man of Medan at least once (without any hints) to fully enjoy the narrative.
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan – Guides and features hub
- Official Review – This is our official review of Man of Medan, taking a look at its overall story, dialogue choices and branches, narrative flow, and all the scares in between.
- Technical Review – The technical review for the game looks at the various graphics settings, visual comparisons, performance, controls, and other options.
- Scene Selection and Replayability – We’ll take a look at the features that help increase the game’s replayability once you’re done with your first playthrough.
- “Theatrical Cut” Walkthrough (Everyone Survives) – The “Theatrical Cut” is essentially the “normal mode” of the game. We outline all the decisions you need to make and all the tense mini-games you need to overcome to keep the gang alive.
- Endings and Post-Credits Scenes – Like Hollywood horror flicks and B-movies of yore, Man of Medan has some nifty endings and surprising moments for its post-credits scenes.
- Obtaining all 13 Premonitions – Premonitions are akin to Until Dawn‘s system where you might see clues and hints of what can happen. We list all 13 pictures that you can find in the game.
- Explaining the final Premonition – There is one final Premonition in Man of Medan that might lead to head-scratching moments prior to the ending. We explain it in detail.
- Dumb Ways to Die – Obviously, no horror game from Supermassive would be complete without a lot of ways for your characters to meet their demise. We’ll take a look at some of the more unforgettable moments.
- History and Legend – The SS Ourang Medan – Although we’ve mentioned it before, now would be a good time to take another look at the ghost ship that inspired The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan. We’ll also check the various lore tidbits and how they’re presented in the game.
- The Identity of The Curator and the Ghosts – Mysterious enigmas surround you in Man of Medan, but nothing is what it seems.
- A “Little” Sequel – Although Man of Medan has just recently released, the next game in The Dark Pictures Anthology series has already been revealed.
You can pick up The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan via its Steam store page. Be sure to keep this page bookmarked for more guides and features down the road.