Triumph Studios has crafted another Age of Wonders game. This time around in Age of Wonders: Planetfall, we’re going to the future with all the wonderful sci-fi tropes. But, hey, some fantasy themes are still around. Our Age of Wonders: Planetfall page will act much like the guides and features hub for Destiny 2 and Total War: Three Kingdoms. We’ll be updating it regularly with new guides for various factions and maybe even an important feature or two.
Age of Wonders: Planetfall – Guides and Features Hub
For now, we’ve got a couple of review articles for you. Down the road, we’ll provide you with the basics for Age of Wonders: Planetfall, along with tips for each of the six major factions or races in the game.
- Official Review – This is our official or scored review of the game noting its campaign, scenarios, expanding around the world, and battles.
- Technical Review – This technical review takes a look at the various settings available for Age of Wonders: Planetfall. You’ve got graphics comparisons, keyboard and gamepad controls, interface settings, and more.
- The Basics – Our basics guide will look at the changes in Age of Wonders: Planetfall and how you can start exploring the land, amassing resources, and exterminating your foes.
- Character Creation – This guide takes you through a quick look at making your own commander.
- Diplomacy and Combat – This guide will focus on whether you’re playing peacefully or waging war. It includes various quests you may obtain, how to use Influence, and Operations you can use.
- Research – We’ll show you the military and tech trees, as well as the Secret Techs in the game.
- Amazon Faction Guide – The Amazons are the “elves” of Age of Wonders: Planetfall owing to their bow mastery, forest exploration, affinity with nature, and animal combatants.
- Assembly Faction Guide – The Assembly are part-cyborg and part-dead thing. Beliving in the cycle of destruction and rebirth, they augment their units with scavenged carcasses, creating something more nefarious.
- Vanguard Faction Guide – The Vanguard are what you can consider as the cookie-cutter human race spreading across the stars. Its conscripted soldiers are armed with laser-guided weaponry, drones, and turrets.
- Kir’Ko Faction Guide – The Kir’Ko are a deadly race of insectoids that can breed and expand rapidly.
- Dvar Faction Guide – The Dvar are what you can consider as space dwarves. They have no penalties on Volcanic terrain and they can even terraform entire mountains.
- Syndicate Faction Guide – The Syndicate are spacefaring merchants who use slaves/mind-controlled units to do their bidding. They also specialize in stealth and espionage.
You can grab Age of Wonders: Planetfall via its Steam store page. Be sure to keep this page bookmarked for more guides and features down the road.