A Total War Saga: Troy brings the mythical conflict of the Trojan War to life. It’s time to battle in the Bronze Age with famous heroes such as Achilles, Hector, Aeneas, and more, all while you’re gaining the favor of the gods and recruiting so-called mythological creatures. Here’s our guides and features hub to help you out.
A Total War Saga: Troy – Guides and features hub
Features and basic mechanics
- Official review – A Total War Saga: Troy is free for the first 24 hours, but is it worth downloading or even buying separately? Let’s find out in our official review.
- Technical review – This article delves into the game’s graphics, in-game benchmark tool, performance, settings, and some concerns with screenshots (which the Epic Games launcher doesn’t have as a built-in feature).
- Beginner’s guide – Learn about the basics and new concepts in A Total War Saga: Troy including campaign progression, the Antagonist system, victory conditions, leveling up, battle mechanics, and cheesing sieges.
- Mythological creatures and agents – Creative Assembly opted for a “truth behind the myth” approach. Whether you’ll like that or not is up to you. In any case, here’s how to recruit various agents and some “cosplayers” (sorry, mythological creatures) from a bygone era.
- Divine Will/Gods and goddesses – The gods don’t actively participate in the battlefield, but they do offer you various boons with a lot of synergies thanks to the Divine Will mechanic.
- Achilles faction guide – The greatest warrior of the age aims to prove his capabilities while trying to manage his erratic mood swings.
- Hector faction guide – The honorable Prince of Troy defends his besieged kingdom by forging alliances with his neighbors. He also competes with Paris on who will become Priam’s Heir — please don’t let it be Legolas.
- Agamemnon faction guide – The King of Men arrogantly boasts of subjugating Troy. Well, with your help, he can do just that.
- Penthesilea faction guide – The Warrior Queen of the Amazons leads her fearsome horde.
- Hippolyta faction guide – The High Queen of the Amazons spearheads the advance.
- Ajax faction guide – The mighty Telemonian Ajax acts as the bulwark of the Danaans.
- Is it worth it? – Mythos is an expansion released a year after the launch of A Total War Saga: Troy. There’s a free update that’s available, which happens to add Historical mode. Meanwhile, the paid content is all about Mythological mode, changes to units, and unique monsters that can be recruited. Is it worth your while?
- Game mode differences – What can you look forward to when you play the Historical, Mythological, and Truth Behind the Myth game modes?
- Mythic Expeditions – Here’s the gist of the Mythic Expeditions feature where you’ll hunt and recruit powerful monsters like the Griffin Patriarch, Lernaean Hydra, and Cerberus.
- Lernaean Hydra guide – The dilemmas, outcomes, boss fight/quest battle, units, and skills when you choose this many-headed serpent.
- Cerberus – The dilemmas, outcomes, boss fight/quest battle, units, and skills when you choose the hound of the Underworld.
A Total War Saga: Troy is available via the Epic Games Store and, now, Steam as well.